Many at times, we want to shame the crack heel when we find ourselves stuck with it. as a result of poorly fitting shoes where your heel is also walking the ground instead of the shoes. or standing for too long. Having untreated dried skin can also be a cause too. When weight and pressure are applied to the fat pad under the heel, the skin expands sideways.
I know you might have heard about all these as a result of cracked heels; which is having a damaged certain structure in the feet ankles. This is entirely normal and is not something that should torment you or make you feel less of the beauty you are.
Want to shame this cracked heel? I would be sharing some tips on how to relieve cracks in your feet below;
- Soak your feet 5-10 minutes, either in a basin or in a foot basin of warm water, add Epsom salts, a little oatmeal and moisturizing oil.
- Next step is to get rid of that dry rough skin by using a pumice stone on your heels. Be cautious not to rub too hard.
- Once you rinse and dry your feet from the scrub, moisturize right away with a deep moisturizer like coconut body oil.
- Make sure you treat your feet properly because it needs special extra care. You can also try some natural oils like olive and a bit of tree oil, mashed bananas left on the crack for about 10 minutes couple of times daily can also help.
- As soon as you see how effective it is, you can then make fast progress on softening your feet by treating them overnight. Once you apply your moisturizers, wear soft cotton socks to bed. It will help you wake to softer heels.
- After you’ve taken these steps, your feet will respond by becoming softer, more moisturized, and more comfortable. You would only need to maintain your regular foot care. You can back off to soaking only a couple times a week, depending on how dry your feet get, but continue to moisturize every night and continue to wear your socks to bed after moisturizing about once a week.
Hope this has been helpful. Don’t forget to drop comment because comments makes us do the happy dance.