STRETCHING SHOES AT HOME(SHOE HACKS)
- The magic of water expanding when it turns to ice: Fill a Ziploc bag with water, not fully, so you can move them around a little bit, stuck them into the front of your shoes, put the shoes in a plastic bag and into the freezer and leave it overnight and as the water expands when its freezing it will expand your shoes as well and in the morning your shoes will be slightly bigger
- Bottle method: Wrap the bottle in a face towel and shove it into the shoes, leave them overnight and your shoes will be bigger in the morning. Just in case you cant find bottles that are right for the shoes, you can also use potatoes…
- Thick socks method: If you have tiny patience on your side, you can pop on two or three pairs of thick socks, put your shoes on and wear them around the house, the good thing about this is that your feet are generally warm and that helps to. And you can also use a hair dryer to blast some air unto the shoes for some minutes while you have your feet in the shoes and then wiggle your feet around a little bit to help stretch the leathers out, wait till the shoes are fully cool and then pop them out, remove the socks and then wear them again.
- Shoe stretcher: If you wanna go fancy and don’t wanna use the things in your house, you can use a shoe stretcher, the way this works is you spray a stretching spray( yes there is something called that) onto your shoes and you’ll put the shoe stretcher inside and then twist until it feels like its going to snuck fit inside, now this is good for the length and the width of shoes, once you hit the snuck fit, twist it three or four times to actually get the stretch, leave them over night and see how they feel in the morning.
- Cobbler: You can also take your shoes to a cobbler if you happen to have one nearby.
- The perfect size: When you are buying your shoes be careful to make sure you are buying the right size, however the size chart is in your country, make sure you talk to whoever you are buying the shoes from to make sure you get the right size to look great in your shoes.